Tuesday 18 February 2014

The cat's out of the bag!

First off, please let me apologise for the horrible cat pun title. I was going to go with a far more random and obscure reference, but I eventually declined. This is, quite possibly, the most famous thing I have ever, or will ever work on! The beacon of hope in the eyes of millions, the Monopoly cat! No more will cat lovers have to settle for the Ship or Top Hat, the Iron or Motor Car, now, there is this little guy/gal!

 As an absolute cat freak, I mean uhh, cat lover, I was more than happy to sculpt this little dude up!
 To get a better feeling of the final result, the little guy was rendered up in Keyshot to get that real metal feel!
Hasbro wanted to replace one of the original movers with a new one, and started this campaign to vote the new and most popular mover in!
It was a landslide victory for the cat, who proved so popular that he/she beat all the other contenders, even the robot!!!
 
 
The cat proved so attractive that the cardboard cutout on the voting stand at the Hasbro booth in the 2012 London Toyfair was stolen! I'm just glad that I got to sculpt it, because the other digital sculptor at Designworks is a DOG PERSON! 

No comments:

Post a Comment